Voices for Children
Video: Let's Eats!
EATS! American Grill is Celebrating its Upcoming Debut on the Food Network's Heat Seekers by Hosting a Special Benefit Dinner for Voices for Children!
Guests will enjoy an evening paired with fun and great American food prepared it its traditional manner while supporting a worthy cause. There will be a silent auction that will include accessories from South Tampa's Paris Flea, and clothing from Ian Beckles' 062 line to name a few.
Ian Beckles, Co-host of Sports Animal Radio and former Buccaneer Offensive Lineman will turn off his radio microphone to become the celebrity bartender.
20% of the proceeds will benefit Voices for Children.
Where and When!
Eats! American Grill
4502 South Dale Mabry (south Britton Plaza)
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
First seating: 6:00 p.m.
Second seating: 7:00 p.m.
Third seating: 8:00 p.m.
*Curbside take-away service is also available throughout the event
About Voices for Children
Voices for Children is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide the volunteer guardians the financial means necessary for Guardian ad Litem to continue this vital service to children. Currently, the program can serve only about 67% of these children. Our goal is to provide 100% representation for the abused, neglected and abandoned children of Hillsborough County.
About Guardian ad Litem Foundation of Tampa Bay
Guardian ad Litem Foundation of Tampa Bay is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to provide a Guardian ad Litem (GAL) volunteer advocate for every abused, abandoned, and neglected child by supporting the 6th Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program. The Guardian ad Litem Program is a partnership of community advocates and professional staff providing a powerful voice on behalf of Florida's abused and neglected children. Currently there are over 31,000 children in foster care; nearly 10% in Pinellas & Pasco Counties. Approximately 2/3 of those children are in need of a GAL voice to speak for them.
K Zo Recipe
Yield - 1 Quart
Prepared by Co-Founder Josh Bowles
Half and half 2.5 cups
Monterey Jack, shredded 10 oz
Feta Cheese, crumbled 2 oz
Lemon Pepper 1 tbsp
Cayenne Pepper 1 tsp
White Pepper ¼ tsp
Onion powder ¼ tsp
Oregano ¼ tsp
Corn starch 1 tbsp
Water 1 tbsp
Measuring cups and spoons
1. In a saucepan, warm the half and half over medium heat until almost boiling (stir frequently so it doesn't scorch).
2. Add Monterey jack cheese (should be room temperature) to warmed half and half SLOWLY allowing each batch to melt before adding more.
3. Once the Monterey Jack has melted and sauce has a smooth consistency, add the crumbled feta (should be room temperature) and stir with whip until completely melted.
4. Reduce heat to low and add the dry spices. Mix thoroughly.
5. Mix corn starch and water together in mixing bowl (do not add corn starch directly to sauce or it will clump). Add to cooling sauce and stir vigorously until sauce thickens.